John Sayers' Design Forum

John Sayers' Recording Studio Design Forum

A World of Experience
Click Here for Information on John's Services
It is currently Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:50 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: New stuido
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:57 pm 

Hello everyone, I am in the process of building a new studio in a barn. We had a room that 15'x 15' -inside dimensions that we used for may years. Besides being small, the was ceiling is slanted. It had a front wall that is 5' high and a back wall that is 10/5' high. I attached a SketchUp of it that previous set up.

There is an area in the barn that is 25'x35'. At one end it has a small wall at 5'. The potential opposing wall opposing wall is 19.5 ' tall. The width will be 25'. I have attached that SketchUp as well. There is only corrugated tin on the existing exterior walls and a wall the separates the current space. I have shown a line going up the two walls to indicate that wall. It is a non load bearing wall and can be moved or taken down completely.

What we would like to accomplish with the total space of 25' x 35' is to have a new mix room, a drum room, a vocal isolation room, a guitar isolation room, a small bathroom and some storage area. I have been looking at the space and am struggling with how to make it work. I thought we could place the bathroom, guitar isolation room, and storage near the low 5'. From there I am not sure how to divide things up. Any suggestions on planning will be appreciated. Thanks, Karl

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: New stuido
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:58 am 

here's some ideas.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Report this post