John Sayers' Design Forum

John Sayers' Recording Studio Design Forum

A World of Experience
Click Here for Information on John's Services
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:54 am 

hi every one, hope you all are doing good. We are in summer here and it is hot hot hot hot :oops: But we have been working in the heat.

we have painted the soffits faces, just felt a little crative, i enjoy just watching it. the people who fit the sliding doors came and put the framing, the glass is still to come.

let me know what you think.

later

moemedi

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:36 am 

MOEMEDI,
WOW
What else can a person say
Nice job on the finish work.
Cant wait to fire up the speakers I bet
Peace
Tom

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:24 am 
Confused, but not senile yet

Nice!

Andre

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

It's beautiful moemedi :thu:

it's so african :):)

cheers
john

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:56 pm 

That is it, it looks so unique to your country.

Good looking work!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:46 pm 

Hi Moemedi,

ZEBRA's !!!

Looks great and a nicely documented build process!
Hope it starts making those ruff-riddims shortly!

Marius

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:02 pm 

Hi Guys

Thanks alot , glad that you like what we have done, i love it :D , i cant even believe it, its like i am dreaming or in a place far far away. I was really scared to start but once we started the fear went and courage came and we had to do what had to be done. I love it and i cannot stop saying thank you to JOhn, Glenn and all those that are involved. I believe that it will change my life and my community because new artisst from my village will be discovered.

I cant wait to get it working and kicking some ruff riddims.

Thanks Again to you all

Moemedi

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:01 am 

Hi everyone

had to go to the city to get the guys that put the carpet and we managed to put up some clouds in the CR and booth. The carpet covers the space between the sliding door, the booth and the stage area. it really looks great. WE also put the couch into the couch area and it looks smashing. i love it totally. I just need a deak design now, there is one i have seen , but dont know the name of it but would really like to make this one. i will make a sketch of the top and maybe some one has the design measurements.

thanks to you all.

Moemedi

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:25 am 

ruffriddims wrote:
" its like i am dreaming or in a place far far away."

From where I sit, you are in a place far, far away :)

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:46 pm 

Looking really really good mate. I'm getting close to finishing mine now and I know exactly how you are feeling. Out of interest, what monitors will you be using? Keep up the good work.
All the best.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:04 am 

Fantastic, Moemedi! Looks beautiful!

I recently built a corner desk, but the Sketchup file is too big for the forum. It's not exactly what you specify, but it's close, and you can modify it as needed.

If you want a copy of it, PM me and I'll send it to you, just give me an email address.

www.realtraps.com
The acoustic treatment experts

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:54 am 

HI thanks for your comments everyone!

I am glad that you all like it. Its really great how the internet can bring us so close together even when we far far far way from each other.

I am going to use m-audio BX8a, maybe i should have bought more expensive monitors but that we will use for the next project , just have to use what i can afford for now.

JWL, i think i have sent you a PM, hope that you got it, never used it before so i hope it worx.

Hey thanks again guys and after 3 years of working on this studio, i am glad that its looks closer to starting than ever.

Later

MOEMEDI

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:52 am 

This is terrific!

I've been following this thread in the back ground since the beginning.

Yes, it is very African, but what else could it be? When creative people have a creative task at hand, no matter if it is music or building, we put our heart and SOUL into it. It is so good to see peoples creative expression on this forum. From an idea, to a plan, to a build, and into reality. It is very exciting.

I wish your community all the best and I believe there will be many many many people benefit from your skills, talents, time money and effort.

God bless.

www.myspace.com/mustardseedstudio

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:43 am 

HI every one

its been a while since i added new pics showing progress. the internet has not been working well, but i have tried to keep the pics upto date.

Thanks Drumdrumdrumdrum glad that you like the studio too. It has been a long road to get where it is and for alot of time i can believe that we have actually built the studio. Every time i get into the studio and i say wow, we have really done it, yes we have done it and it really looks great. I think that it will take some time of getting used to it, the feeling and everything. Even Max the Carpenter cant believe it too. Every day we are like, "Heish this studio is NIce!!!!" BUt like i said, i cant thank enough the people that have supported us in building this studio, Glenn, John for coming up with this massive design. Thanks to Djo in Mozambique too for all the information he continued to give me to get my build done too. THANKS A TRILLION!!!

I have added some pics. We are putting some finishing touches on the studio so its little details that we are working on, like painting the doors. WE are also waiting for the sliding door glasses that we hope will be coming this week.

Thanks to you all. Later

Moemedi

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:11 pm 

HI every one hope that you are all well and good, the studio is still in progress and things coming together real nice.

I have been debating with myself if i should paint the soffit, (area not painted or not.) i think i will end up painting it in black. just worried about spoiling everything but i think that black may work. what do you think? Should i go for black? i want to paint black.

I think the glasses for the sliding doors will be coming and will have them fitted. , but we are basically almost done, except the table, we still need to sort that out too, but my friend max the carpenter has gone to zim to check his family.

later

Moemedi

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next