John Sayers' Design Forum

John Sayers' Recording Studio Design Forum

A World of Experience
Click Here for Information on John's Services
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:30 am 

Hi every one,

we have been very busy, but now we are trying to get some people for airconditioning and electricity to come and pipe up their stuff. I think that this week we shall be covering up sections of the studio and the booth.

I have attached some pictures from the work done today, yesterday was a resting day. been working everyday since the day we stareted so we needed a break.

Later

MOEMEDI

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:23 am 

Hi everyone

Still busy, still working, trying to get thois studio done. Still fun and interesting.

We have managed to cover the studio booth with black cloth and I think we shall have the celing up soon. The airconditioning unit is up.

The raised floor, where the couch will be has been buit and we have filled it with fibre glass insulation.

We are also working on the soffits, will have more pictures tomorrow. but things coming along well.

Later

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:50 am 

hi every one,

i hope that you all in great health.

we have been busy working on the studio, and things been slower because i am busy during the during day.

we have stared putting ceiling boards in the booth. we have not finished, i think tomorrow we will have covered the whole area in the booth.

We managed to seal the space between the doors with cement moar, we will then insulate the space and cover it again with the rhino boards gypsum (spelling) boards

Airconditioners have also been installed.

more pics of developmenst will come.

Thanks for your time.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:05 am 
Site Admin

You guys are powering - :thu:

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:44 am 

Thanks John :D

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:08 am 

Hi everyone

We have been working on the studio and things really taking shape. We have managed to mount the soffits and have insulated the whole control room and hopefully shall be putting the ceiling boards soon.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:27 pm 

I have really enjoyed watching the progress of your build. I wish you the best.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:44 am 

Hi every one

Hope every one is alive and kicking :D

Sluntbutt thanks for the veiwing adn the well wishes, i have also enjoyed working on this studio. I am having fun and learning alot for all this. I was afraid to even start, but i am glad i did.

We have been busy working, last night when i wanted to upload some pictures the power went out in my village.

We have covered the control room with the black cloth and we are have also managed to block mount the stage (couch area) with block board. WE have also put ceramic floor tiling on the floor, unfortunatley wood flooring is very expensive in Botswana, so ceramic flooring is a cheaper option for me.

i think tomorrow we shall be putting up the ceiling boards in the control room.

Sorry for the poor quality images, will try and clean the lense for tomorrow.

I am looking for a desk, does any one have a ready design to share?

Thanks

Moemedi

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:10 am 

Looking good moemedi, here is a desk that i designed and plan on building for my studio. you are welcome to use the concept. just resize it according to how you see fit (my sizes shown are not completely correct so i dont recommend following the dimensions.). your lense looks like mine aswell, haha, wonder if the fibre glass has anything to do with it?

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:25 am 

Hi every one.

Long time, we too a short break, been working too hard.

We where working on the ceiling boards and have now covered the control room. so both the rooms are now covered. In covering both rooms even though we are dont fully done, there is alot of reflections. I spoke to DJO (the brother in Mozambique) and he said he had put up some clouds to solve the refections, so I will look into it too to see if i can put up the clouds to reduce the reflections. I shall be having some people coming to put carpeting on the stage (couch area) in the control room, so that i am sure will reduce reflections too, but i think clouds will help or solve the problem.

Hey Prelude2June, thanks for the desk, i think really nice. is it possible to send me some images or the skt up document to look closely at. I am still looking for desks, if any of the massive have designs to share, not that i dont like yours Prelude :D, just what to see what out there.

Thanks to you all and keep well :D

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:39 am 

Hi everyone, hope that you are all well.

We have been busy as usual. I went to Francistown a city that has a total trip length of 400km. and its was work the teip because i think i bought more than enough wood to cover the area.

We managed to varnish the wood that covers in the control room so tomorrow we work on the booth.. I think we tryied the best we could, we varinished with a varinih called Light Oak, let me know what you think:D

THe pic below show the progress.

later

Moemedi

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:41 am 

Hi everyone

IT IS GREAT TO BE BACK. THANKS JOHN.

We have been busy working at the same time John and his crew where working on moving the forum. I have tried to keep up with taking pictures of the build, so i will be uploadig a number of images that show the build.

hope that we have been on track.

later

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:49 am 

more pics that where taken while we where not broadcasting

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:20 am 

Here are some more pics from the build. I am sorry that the pics are dark, i was trying to be creative so they didnt turn out the way :D but more pics will be coming in the morning, when its morning here in Africa, just in a few hours.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:28 am 

more pics

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next