John Sayers' Design Forum

John Sayers' Recording Studio Design Forum

A World of Experience
Click Here for Information on John's Services
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 101  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:37 am 

Thanks, Ro!

Well, I'm done with the rough eectrical now - wow, that took a lot more hours than I had originally thought it would take! Of course, that's been true of everything associated with my project... :roll:

No pretty pictures to share -- no time to take them...

I was successful in getting another extension from my city's building department - not that I intend to delay things more than I already have...

Next up: lots of insulation stuffing.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:33 pm 

Thanks for the update, sharward. Keep 'em coming.

Oh yeah, something about hicks or they weren't packing.....? Pics or it didn't happen? Something like that..... :wink:

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:14 am 

Hey Keith!

How's things going over there? I hadn't seen or heard much from you lately? (I know, I'm just as bad about it this year too).

Chime in w/ a progress report. Let us know how everythings going. BTW, I see your thread has been moved over here to "Other Studios".

:wink:

Aaron

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:06 am 

Hey everyone,

Just a very quick note to let everyone know that I'm still alive and have every intention of resuming work on the studio.

The part of town that I live in has really endured some huge changes in the years that have passed since this monster thread was started, most of which have been for the worst. Crime skyrocketed, street gangs are establishing footholds in the neighborhoods, foreclosures are rampant, etc. Much progress has been made but a few dozen citizens have been working hard to right the ship. I'm one of those people and it has been extremely time consuming. (I'm on several committees, co-founded a neighborhood association, moderate a community online forum, etc.) Plus there's this thing called a job I have to go to... :wink:

Nevertheless, not a day goes by that I don't think about the standstill on the studio. It's difficult to consider how many hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars I have invested so far and all I have to show for it is a room under construction and less space to put stuff! :roll:

Sorry I have been so absent. Thanks for the well wishes that I may not have had a chance to acknowledge.

--Keith :mrgreen: :shot:

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:11 am 

good to hear from you Keith :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:58 pm 

Yes nice to know your still obsessing over something :lol: Life would not be the same without something to obsess over for me... glad to here your working on good things. I feel the same

Quote:
not a day goes by that I don't think about the standstill on the studio

I'm coming up to a year of standstill on my studio. This recession sucks.. Let our new leaders give us hope, even it's only false hope we need something to believe in.

Marc

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:52 pm 

Holy shit Kieth. Just got notified of your return to this thread. I don't know if you remember me but my name is Fitz. Good to see you back. :lol:

Damn, your dedication inspires me too. I hope you get this project back on track..cause damn buddy, you had a vision, and I know about visions. :roll: Remember...drums, playing, practicing without buggin anyone..., beatin the TL, , beatin the BID, beatin the neighbors complaints, beatin the slab, beatin the door, beatin the drywall caulking, beatin the water, beatin the heat/cold, beatin the noise, beatin Home Depot, beatin the wreaks, beatin the insurance, etc etc etc, just so you could be beatin the damn drums :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Keep it up Kieth.
:D fitZ

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:54 pm 

Quote:
I'm coming up to a year of standstill on my studio.
Me too. Thats why we need to share our commitment to finish these damn things, just so others will know its WORTH IT!!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:05 pm 

One more thing Kieth. I've linked to your thread on other sites at least 50 times to illustrate the RIGHT WAY to do what your doing. You are an inspiration to more people than you know. Now its time to finish it. The last push is ALWAYS the most difficult. Just like rebuilding an engine. You don't finish untill you drive the damn thing. :mrgreen:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:06 am 

Keith, good to see you stop in and say Hello. yeah, I've been on the stand still this past year myself. Between the economy, a day job that screws me every chance it gets, and a new girlfriend, (the girlfriend has consumed most of my time), I can relate to the standstill.

Anyways, Happy New Year! and hope to see this year bring better things to all, and maybe some more completed studios. :mrgreen:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:41 pm 

u say HI, I say hello :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:54 am 

A-LO-H-A! :mrgreen:

Hey Keith,

Good to hear you're still alive and well. Hope you and yours have a safe and prosperous 2009.

Aloha 8)

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:46 pm 

Hey everyone,

Still no real progress to report, I'm afraid, at least with the studio... But I thought I'd just come one briefly to mention a pretty exciting bit of news, at least for me.

In order to address the many things that have gone very wrong in my part of town, a friend of mine -- someone I met in our community a couple of years ago while networking with people to find solutions to our many area's problems -- has decided to run for city council in 2010, although the process is a long one that is starting now. We have a lot of work ahead of us in getting he word out about her candidacy, but I am confident she will unset the incumbent.

I intend to be very active in her campaign, which will again make it challenging for me to work on my studio project. It is frustrating to be so close, relative to where I started, but it is difficult to explain in terms that do justice what a mess our city has made of our part of town. For example, our house was built in 1999/2000 and the fire station planned for a couple of blocks away has yet to break ground. Our nearest fire station is about 8 minutes away and my neighborhood has already suffered a devastating house fire that nearly claimed the lives of four of our city's firefighters, arguably due to the delayed response due to our lack of adequate fire protection here. Plus, our city has the smallest police force in the United States for a city our size, so crime has been a top concern. Irresponsible governance of development has resulted in huge mistakes that will be difficult or impossible to correct, I could go on and on... The point is, I really fear for my community's health and longevity, that if I don't work hard to take steps to right our ship, this place won't be worth living in at all... Hence, the studio completion is simply not a high priority for me right now.

I can only hope and plan to put in some effort on the studio here and there, out of guilt and motivation and stress relief. And I really do want to enjoy the prize of having completed it someday! But my community is dying and I feel a genuine calling to try to save it.

Thanks for the continued interest. The proddings do help.

--Keith :mrgreen:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:41 pm 

Salut, Sharward!

If there isn't already a superhero whose superpower is documentation......well, there should be.

And the story should be based on this thread!!

Good luck. Glad to hear from you.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:47 pm 

Keith, is that you? Is that *really* you? ;)
Hello, buddy, great to hear from you. now, I know there's a kazillion things left to do and so little time. And building a studio... yeah, well that's another time consuming thingy. I know exactly where you stand.

But urm, in all fairness, you think you will EVER finish that darn theng?!!

cheerio!

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 101  Next