John Sayers' Design Forum

John Sayers' Recording Studio Design Forum

A World of Experience
Click Here for Information on John's Services
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:05 am 

Quote:
Is there anyone that can comment on my plans in regards to reatment of the room.
As shown in my latest scetchup for my treatment planes:

I know this is probably not the answer you're looking for, but I'd highly suggest you read this book (be stoked that this link allows you to get it FREE!)

www.roletech.net/books/HandbookAcoustics.pdf

In it, it describes pretty much everything you need to know about how sound "works" and how you can approach treating your space. With the knowledge you'll acquire from the book, you will have a great chance at being able to fix any issues that pop up during your acoustic measurement steps.

Hope that helps!

Greg

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:44 pm 

Quote:
I know this is probably not the answer you're looking for, but I'd highly suggest you read this book (be stoked that this link allows you to get it FREE!)

http://www.roletech.net/books/HandbookAcoustics.pdf

In it, it describes pretty much everything you need to know about how sound "works" and how you can approach treating your space. With the knowledge you'll acquire from the book, you will have a great chance at being able to fix any issues that pop up during your acoustic measurement steps.

Hope that helps!

Greg

Thanks Gregwor for commenting.

You are somewhat correct. Your answer was expected but I was hoping that someone would "pass forward" their knowledge without me haven to take a “degree” in Acoustics treatment :wink: … I guess its no way around it. Thanks allot for sharing the book. Much appreciated!!

Happy new year!! :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:16 am 

Quote:
Thanks Gregwor for commenting.

You are somewhat correct. Your answer was expected but I was hoping that someone would "pass forward" their knowledge without me haven to take a “degree” in Acoustics treatment :wink: … I guess its no way around it. Thanks allot for sharing the book. Much appreciated!!

Happy new year!! :)

The author of the book is passing foward his knowledge with you having to take a degree in acoustics :D

If you asked me to share my knowledge with you, I couldn't do a shorter and more precise version than the author. It really is to the point. There are a few "dry" parts that aren't super fun to read, sure. But, starting at the beginning and reading through it solidifies an understanding of acoustics that will allow you to apply it to the treatment stage of your build. There's really no other way to jump to the treatment stage without the fundamental background. The book is precise, short (considering), and it has great relatable applications throughout that make the concepts click.

Happy new year to you as well!

Greg

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:05 am 

Once again; can't help you with any of your questions. Only want to say that it looks good! Did you get the level of sound isolation you were aiming for? Have you measured it?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:15 pm 

Rain wrote:
Once again; can't help you with any of your questions. Only want to say that it looks good! Did you get the level of sound isolation you were aiming for? Have you measured it?

Hi Rain

I have not measured the sound insulation yet. I have engaged a few hours from stuart to help me with some of the threetment design. When he is finished I will build it first before doing any other measurements. As of now I have been finishing the mixer desc. I wil post something soon.

Bjorn

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:20 am 

Here is an update of the studio mixer table. Got some help from my dad building this one based on my SketchUp drawings. I’m very happy how it turned out. :yahoo:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:24 am 

Wow! What did you use for wood and finish?

Greg

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:32 am 

Hi Greg

Gregwor wrote:
Wow! What did you use for wood and finish?

Greg

Its basically only 22 mm Chipboard floor boards. The front is finished with foam rubber covered with a leather type fabric.
As of the paint its a regular black/grey tough interior paint, nothing fancy :)

Bjorn

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:25 am 

I’m finally back again after some time planning and discussions with Stuart for the next steps in regards of tuning my studio. I had engaged some hours from Stuart to help me out with the design. The help I got from him was amazing and I have now started the building process. The work to be done is soffit-mount speakers, side walls slots, the back wall super chunks and finishing the fabric mount on the walls. I have attached some pictures below. More updates coming soon.

Drawings:
Attachment:
main1.png

Attachment:
main3.png

Attachment:
main2.png

Started working on the front wall:

Attachment:
IMG_6948.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_6908.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:00 am 
Site Admin

It's looking good, Bjorn! And there's still the ceiling cloud in the works... Don't forget the ceiling cloud! :thu:

- Stuart -

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:04 pm 

Soundman2020 wrote:
It's looking good, Bjorn! And there's still the ceiling cloud in the works... Don't forget the ceiling cloud! :thu:

- Stuart -

Thanks Stuart. Of course, the ceiling cloud. :P

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:29 am 

Wow, this has been exciting to read over. Has me motivated to get back on top of my small space. Thanks for all the sharing!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:15 pm 

audiomutt wrote:
Wow, this has been exciting to read over. Has me motivated to get back on top of my small space. Thanks for all the sharing!

Thanks! :-D. Good luck with your room and never give up! :jammin:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:00 pm 

Side walls slots are starting to take shape :-D
Attachment:
sw-l.png

Last edited by studioNorWay on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:20 pm 

Starting with the cloud construction next.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next