John Sayers' Design Forum

John Sayers' Recording Studio Design Forum

A World of Experience
Click Here for Information on John's Services
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:00 am 

Hi guys, first of all thank you a lot for the time you take to help everyone and the incredible valuable information that you post here everyday.

My name is Mariano, I live in Argentina, and I´m building my house.
Im in the final stages, and left an area for the build of a Recording Studio / Live Room.
I´m not a professional, but I love to play and record, so the specific needs for this project is to have a music place that

1) Avoid the sound to go out of the room (most possible)
2) Get a decent inside sound to live play.

I have the normal instrument combo (some guitars, bass, drums and keyboards) and I imagine an unique room to play and record. (no separate control room).

A good part is that I have the constructor working on the house now, so he can build every thing needed (2nd lines of walls, roof at any height we need, fill inside the walls the materials, everything to get it done with the specific materials).

I done some research and read that walls need to be no faced, so we can add fake walls, or corner traps.

Also in the room there are 2 windows (I can build some separate piece to put on the window when I play if needed)

Another thing is that in the inmediate upper floor is my sleep bedroom where my wife sometimes will be sleeping (or trying to) while i´m playing.

So, I attach some files:

+ Sketchup (with a initial idea of splitint the room in 2 parts, so in the live room we have no windows) but if possible I would like to do everything without splitting.

+ Front, back and inside pictures with measures (in meters, but if you need it in another metric i can do the work again)

+ The floor for that area that is already bought, but not installed yet.

So, the question for the forum is what needs to be done here to get a soundproofing (maybe no total, but best possible) to avoid the sound go out and the best inside sound possible.

I´m really thank you for any help or orientation you can give me, and i´ll be very close to answer anything you need to know.

Thank you so much again.
Mariano

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Report this post